The mission of The Juilliard School is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted 音乐家, 舞者, and actors from around the world, so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, 领导人, and global citizens.
To achieve this mission, Juilliard has identified seven goals:
- Juilliard will identify and attract the most talented young performing artists from around the world and will strive to ensure that financial considerations are not a deterrent to their enrollment.
- Juilliard will provide an educational environment that fosters the artistic, 知识, and personal growth of its students and prepares them to embark on successful careers and productive lives as artists and citizens, as well as to become 领导人 in their professions.
- Juilliard will continue to elevate its educational and artistic standards, remaining responsive to changing conditions in the worldwide performing arts community.
- Juilliard will continue to attract and retain renowned faculty members in all disciplines, by providing a collaborative work environment and involving them fully in the artistic and educational life of the community.
- Juilliard will uphold its commitment to the diversity of its community by fostering an environment that is inclusive, 支持, and welcoming to all.
- Juilliard will take an active role in shaping the future of the performing arts by providing exemplary arts education programs to the community and encouraging its students to serve as advocates for the arts in society.
- Juilliard will engage a broader, global audience by expanding access to the Juilliard experience and serving as a thought leader in the global conversation about the importance of the performing arts.